Latina/o/x Education at PWIs (Live from the Latinx Excellence in the Midwest Conference)
The three co-hosts take the show on the road to the Iowa Latinx Excellence in the Midwest Conference at the University of Iowa and discuss the history and practices of teaching Latina/o/x Studies in the Midwest.
Darrel Wanzer-Serrano, Ariana Ruiz, and Rene Rocha get together again! In this live recorded event at the 2019 Latinx Excellence in the Midwest Conference at the University of Iowa, the three co-hosts discuss the history of Latina/o Studies at Iowa, the demographics of Latina/o/x folks in the state, and their own practices of teaching Latina/o/x Studies in the Midwestern context. Check the chapter markers for a breakdown of the specific topics.
★ Thanks to our sponsors ★
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation’s generous support through its Sawyer Seminar program allowed “Imagining Latinidades: Articulations of National Belonging” to launch at the University of Iowa. This podcast was born from the Sawyer Seminar and we hope it will continue on afterward.
- The Obermann Center for Advanced Studies, at Iowa, was the birthplace of our Seminar theme, which gave rise to this podcast.
- Latinx Excellence in the Midwest Conference - 2019 | College of Education | University of Iowa
- Directors – Imagining Latinidades
- Latina/o Studies | College of Liberal Arts & Sciences | The University of Iowa
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @ImaginingLat
- Hosts on Twitter: Darrel is @DoctorDWS, Ariana is @aryruiz710, Rene is @rene5311
- Email: email@example.com
- Our cover art, a photo of an installation titled “El Hielo / I.C.E,” is provided courtesy of the artist, Fidencio Fifield-Perez.
- Music by Juan Ruiz.
- Our hosting is provided by Transistor.fm, which we really love.
- Our podcasting app of choice is Overcast.fm, which also makes a handy app that streamlines the process of making the chapter markers in this podcast.