Palante: An Interview with Iris Morales
In the first episode of 2020, we air an interview of Iris Morales when she was on campus last December for a screening of her film, !Palante, Siempre Palante!
Darrel Wanzer-Serrano sits down with the legendary Iris Morales to talk about the emergence of Puerto Rican studies, student organization and activism from the 1960s to today, and more. Recorded in December 2019 while Morales was at Iowa for a screening of her film and discussions with students and faculty.
★ Thanks to our sponsors ★
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation’s generous support through its Sawyer Seminar program allowed “Imagining Latinidades: Articulations of National Belonging” to launch at the University of Iowa. This podcast was born from the Sawyer Seminar and we hope it will continue on afterward.
- The Obermann Center for Advanced Studies, at Iowa, was the birthplace of our Seminar theme, which gave rise to this podcast.
- Subscribe to this podcast, please!
- IRIS MORALES | the official website
- Red Sugarcane Press Inc. - Red Sugarcane Press
- Watch ¡Palante, Siempre Palante! The Young Lords Online | Vimeo On Demand on Vimeo
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @ImaginingLat
- Hosts on Twitter: Darrel is @DoctorDWS, Ariana is @aryruiz710, Rene is @rene5311
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our cover art, a photo of an installation titled “El Hielo / I.C.E,” is provided courtesy of the artist, Fidencio Fifield-Perez.
- Music by Juan Ruiz.
- Our hosting is provided by Transistor.fm, which we really love.
- Our podcasting app of choice is Overcast.fm, which also makes a handy app that streamlines the process of making the chapter markers in this podcast.