Borderlands History and Reproductive Justice: An Interview with Lina-Maria Murillo
Darrel and chats with Dr. Lina-Maria Murillo, Assistant Professor of Gender, Women’s, and Sexuality Studies and History at the University of Iowa, about her research at the intersections of borderlands history and reproductive justice.
Darrel Wanzer-Serrano sits down with Dr. Lina-Maria Murillo to talk about her research, her connections to Latina/o/x Studies, and more. Check the chapter markers (will be uploaded later) to see all of the topics that are discussed.
★ Thanks to our sponsors ★
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation’s generous support through its Sawyer Seminar program allowed “Imagining Latinidades: Articulations of National Belonging” to launch at the University of Iowa. This podcast was born from the Sawyer Seminar and we hope it will continue on afterward.
- The Obermann Center for Advanced Studies, at Iowa, was the birthplace of our Seminar theme, which gave rise to this podcast.
Links and things:
- Dr. Murillo’s faculty profile at Iowa: Lina-Maria Murillo | Gender, Women’s and Sexuality Studies
- For more information about Latina/o Studies at Iowa, check out Latina/o Studies | College of Liberal Arts & Sciences | The University of Iowa
- For more info about where Dr. Murillo got her degree, see Ph.D. in Borderlands History < UTEP
- The blog that was discussed: Borderlands History
- The Braceros oral history stuff that Dr. Murillo discussed: Bracero Oral History Project | Institute of Oral History | University of Texas at El Paso
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @ImaginingLat
- Hosts on Twitter: Darrel is @DoctorDWS, Ariana is @aryruiz710, Rene is @rene5311
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our cover art, a photo of an installation titled “El Hielo / I.C.E,” is provided courtesy of the artist, Fidencio Fifield-Perez.
- Music by Juan Ruiz.
- Our hosting is provided by Transistor.fm, which we really love.
- Our podcasting app of choice is Overcast.fm, which also makes a handy app that streamlines the process of making the chapter markers in this podcast.