Roundtable Discussion with Anna Sampaio, Natalia Molina, and Claudia Milian
Rene Rocha sits down in front of a live audience with three esteemed Latina/o/x Studies scholars — Anna Sampaio, Natalia Molina, and Claudia Milian — to talk about how they came to the field, what it offers a host of audiences, and what Latina/o/x students at PWIs should keep in mind as they move through college.
- What’s your Latina/o/x Studies origin story?
- What does Latina/o/x Studies offer your scholarship that disciplinary perspectives/methods might not?
- What’s the value of Latina/o/x Studies to students and higher ed institutions?
- What’s the value of Latina/o/x Studies to communities outside of academia?
- What’s your message to a Latina/o/x listener at a PWI?
★ Thanks to our sponsors ★
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation’s generous support through its Sawyer Seminar program allowed “Imagining Latinidades: Articulations of National Belonging” to launch at the University of Iowa. This podcast was born from the Sawyer Seminar and we hope it will continue on afterward.
- The Obermann Center for Advanced Studies, at Iowa, was the birthplace of our Seminar theme, which gave rise to this podcast.
- The full description and list of speakers (and, eventually, links to video recordings of their talks) for the opening conference that took place September 19-21, 2019, can be found at: https://imagininglatinidades.lib.uiowa.edu/schedule/imagining-latinidades-in-global-and-national-perspective/
- Bios for all of the presenters can be found on our website at: https://imagininglatinidades.lib.uiowa.edu/presenters/
- Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @ImaginingLat
- Hosts on Twitter: Darrel is @DoctorDWS, Ariana is @aryruiz710, Rene is @rene5311
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our cover art, a photo of an installation titled “El Hielo / I.C.E,” is provided courtesy of the artist, Fidencio Fifield-Perez.
- Music by Juan Ruiz.
- Our hosting is provided by Transistor.fm, which we really love.
- Our podcasting app of choice is Overcast.fm, which also makes a handy app that streamlines the process of making the chapter markers in this podcast.